Sunday, August 2, 2009

Show Me Love

Excuse the weird font and everything else out of the ordinary. There is something really wrong with blogger.
For a perfectionist like me to ignore the order and system of my usual postings, I must have something excruciatingly important to share. Yes, I do.
I took a big step that day and I remember it all. It was a video captured on my mind that I can replay again and again in my head. For some reason, I figured it was worth capturing. I can't really explain it though. I'm not exactly in control of these situations, but I'm not exactly helpless either. Like on a loose leash. Yeah, it's around me, but I have a certain reasonable radius which allows, or at times, forces me to explore. And I did. I'm glad I did.
It was awkward, but good awkward. I was nervous, but good nervous. After it all, I was happy. Like goofy happy.
I was thinking thoroughly during the interminable intervals of my study session this afternoon about it. About what I want, what I need and what I have. Then it suddenly hit me that life is about trying things out. To take risks. To take steps, small or even big significant ones. Especially when life has been kind enough to lay out the path for you. It can be scary and hard. But anything worth something always deserve the work. And deserves the courage. Courage is not the absence of fear, rather it's the judgment that there is something more important than fear.
You can never get anything for nothing. I know what is to be done. I've always known. But it's about time I actually do it. Make it happen. And I will.

Know this: There are only 18 countries richer than Bill Gates.