Saturday, November 17, 2007

Once You Find, Go Blind!

I recently bought a dress for my Graduation Night. It was indeed love at first sight. Naturally, I bought it. However, on my way out of Vivo City, I had to pass all the other stores. Suddenly, every other dress looked better than mine. So my mind started to play the 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' game. It goes 'I shoulda bought this dress instead, I coulda been less hasty in searching for my dress then I woulda found something better.' I left the mall with the most awful feeling and a heavy heart. However, I knew that I made the right decision after much persuading from my family upon seeing my whole outfit. Then I started to realise that even if I have bought something else, my mind would still have played the same game. So, how do you stop it? Once you find the perfect thing, go blind! Set your sight on nothing else but the exit door. Only then can you beat your mind at its own game. Didn't the King of the Taj Mahal literally blind his architect so that he could not build anything more beautiful? I guess, this game goes back further than I thought. Except in those days, people seem to take things a little more literally.

Know this: It snowed in the Sahara desert on February 18, 1979.