Wednesday, December 26, 2007

On the Air, Unaware

Well, the title of this post is actually based on the movie The Truman Show starring the ever-so hilarious Jim Carrey. If you haven't watched the movie then let me give you the low- down. The movie was basically about this man Truman whose life was caught on camera since he was in his mother's womb. His life was made into a reality show. The town people were actually all actors and the director of the Truman show built a set that was visible from space! The set was of course an entire suburban area. So when Truman grew older he started to realise that the whole town revolved around him.
Nowadays, I myself am starting to notice that my life is also probably being caught on tape right this second. My family, friends and even you, who are reading this post, are all actors. Well you must be thinking I'm just being paranoid but check this; recently I've noticed that everybody goes to the places I decide to go, such as Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio and Yishun. Why? Well, just yesterday I was on the MRT and it was jam- packed. When it was my stop, practically the whole cabin got off! What are the odds that everyone wanted to shop at Yishun? And whenever I board the bus from the interchange, it is crowded that I usually end up standing. Again, when it was my turn to alight, almost the whole bus gets off! What the hell is going on here? Seriously. Same goes for my weekly trip to Ang Mo Kio and Toa Payoh. The world revolves around my schedule.
Although, there are advantages to that, I guess. Well, when I am in a packed MRT, I am almost certain that I don't have to squirm and utter 'excuse me' to get off, since everyone's getting off anyway. Same for the bus frenzy-- I wouldn't have to squeeze out of my seat in case there's someone sitting next to me, since they are probably getting down also.
Actually it's kind of flattering. I wonder-- when walk, would the wind blow and angels sing? (taken out of 'Girls All The Bad Guys Want' by Bowling for Soup)
I figure everyone feels the same way-- like the world is on to them. Nah... It's no show. It's just--you know, life.

By the way, a very Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy New Year. It was also my father's birthday yesterday.

Know this:The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.