Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Embracing the Guilt- Free Holidays

I have to say, this is the life. No assignments, no meetings, no camps. Just me and ample time. I'm not even job- hunting. Why waste this glorious luxury of guilt- free time when you can rather catch on up with television, sleep and quality time with family and friends? You must be thinking, 'Um, to be useful and do useful things.' But my answer to you is this- I have been doing that (working my ass off) for the past 10 years of my life. I think, hell.. I know I deserve this vacation. If you feel that you have the need to "contribute to society", then that is your own self- conscience that is eating you up inside. Just don't come to me and complain about your 'job' when school starts. In my attempt to embrace the holidays, I have been spending a lot of time with my family lately, going out shopping and most of the time window- shopping. I have been splurging my $50 on tones of outfits. Frankly, with only 50 bucks, you can get a lot of trendy inexpensive stuff. Yup-- babe on a budget! It's all about mixing and matching. I figured that I seriously needed to move myself away from my classic t-shirt and jeans, which is not that bad if you paired it up with trendy accesories. My family and I also watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Redline. We also rented many DVDs. Anyway, the reason why we should really savour this moment is we are not going to get it back ever again. Once school starts, you know-- it starts! Need I say more? The homework, CCA and other commitments. I want to go back to school thinking 'Wow! That was fun. But that's enough, let's get back to business.' And I will. Promise.
So here are some pictures of the wonderful time I spent with my flesh and blood.




Know this: The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.