Monday, January 28, 2008

The Anticipation Continues

Most of us, after receiving our results are relieved and think 'It's finally over.' 'It' refers to the anxiety, anticipation and pure fear as we wait for our results. However, to come to think about it now, it's not really over just yet. We are given 12 choices to make on which tertiary schools we want to go to, and I vividly remember Mrs. Chua, my VP, warning us that just because we qualify for JC, we might not necessarily get our first choice, or worse, any of our 12 choices! She told my class that that has happened before, where all the 12 choices of one student were rejected.
Now I am freaking out, again. I really want to go to SAJC. People tell me that it's a done deal, I'm as good as there, because we are affiliated. When I looked up SAJC in the Wikipedia, I realised, to my dismay, that SAJC was affiliated to 7 secondary schools, including KCPSS! So I thought to myself, since I want to go the Arts stream, deductiing my affiliation and CCA bonus points, I would have 9 points, then I would be fine. But, a little part of me is still a little dubious.
My parents told me there would be no celebration until it is confirmed that I get into a JC, SAJC preferably. But do not get them wrong, they are proud of me.They just don't want to go boasting about their brilliant child until everything is sealed, confirmed. I really hope that I get through. I already picked out my CCA there. Hopefully, when they read my testimonial, they would let me in. I am a good student. Yeah, like that would matter. Principal's always saying character is the most important, blah, blah. blah. But in the end, it still comes down to your grade. Damn.

Know this: Have you ever questioned your sanity? You have good reason to. Did you know that one out of every four people has some sort of pychological 'problem'?