Friday, January 11, 2008

Reverse Psychology Secrets Revealed?

I assume that it is pretty clear now that I do not go to crowded, over- rated places, especially with my family, due to certain self-conscience reasons. So my outing strategy is simply to go to under- rated places like Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio Hubs. My other going- out strategy is a little complex--reverse psychology, they call it. Meaning, I think of an exceedingly over- rated place and that is my place of shopping conquest. Quite simply, many people would think that the place would be full of familiar faces. Not that familiar faces are a bad thing, but sometimes these faces are meant for school, in uniform, not outside with your family and other friends. Catch my drift? Moving on, this 'many people' I mentioned earlier on, will think alike, and so an exceedingly over- rated place is actually not what most people think it is. Hence, reverse psychology.
It is quite obvious that the topic of this post was inspired by a true event. So, filling in the blanks: recently, I have been going to Junction 8, to grab a bite or DVD shopping with my dear mother, while my other siblings head on to school. Also, lately, I have been catching a glimpse of familiar faces everywhere, a particular gang in my school to be specific. The first time I saw them there, I thought to myself, it must be coincidence. The second time I saw them again, this time in an expanded gang, yup, there were more of them! This time, I do not think it was a coincidence anymore. Could they have cracked the reverse psychology code? I doubt because when it comes to anything at all, I am the only one who put in the effort to analyse the situation just so my family and I can go out in comfort. Looking at their dress- code, they were a little over- dressed for Junction 8. So what the f*ck were they doing roaming around my turf? Return to yours, at Orchard Road, man! Now I have to be on my toes, having to think twice as hard as to what I wear and how to do my hair. Image is everything when it comes to people you know. Frustration overwhelms me but Junction 8 is a place I have to venture into, whether I like it or not. It's where they sell my favourite Honey Dew Milk Tea.



Know this: Temper is the one thing you cannot get rid off by losing it.