Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Every Young Girl's Fantasy

Yesterday, my mother, sister and I attended a wedding ceremony at Punggol. It was my sister's friend's brother's wedding (see how unrelated the wedding couple are to me). The bus ride was very long and nauseating. I was bus- sick once we reached the sea (yup, the bus went all the way to the sea side!). But once we reached the wedding venue, everything was fine. The helpers or kendarat were absolutely easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean. The food is usually the reason I like to attend malay weddings, they are always scrumptious! The bride was very beautiful and the decor was elegantly adorned onto the plain multi- purpose hall.
I am sure that every girl has somewhat thought of how her wedding is going to be like. The decor, the venue, the food and even the music. My sister told me that she is going to play hip- hop music during her wedding, and not the conventional malay love songs. I even want to have lasagne served during my wedding! Oh... I cannot wait to get married. The perfect wedding is indeed a fantasy (for now), but the perfect man is a prayer. Everytime I step out of the house is a new opportunity to find the man that will accompany me at the pelamin someday. I hope I will find him soon.





Know this: Pelamin is a place built for the groom and his bride to be seated and seen by all the guests. The pelamin is beautifully decorated like the throne of yester Kings and their Queens.