Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Family Affair

Yesterday, my maternal grandparents came to Singapore so traditionally all of their children and grandchildren came to visit them at this very rare occassion. It has been at least 3 months since I have seen my cousins, aunts and uncles due to a family fued that is currently going on. But for my grandparents' sake, they decided to put their differences aside just so the kids can visit them. Nevertheless, I could still cut the intensity with a knife. I just hope they would grill their beef as soon as possible because I miss my baby cousins so much!
You see, unfortunately for me, I am the second oldest of all my cousins, my sister being the first. Most of my cousins range between the ages of 3 to 10. So, there really isn't anything that I could talk to them about that they could possibly relate to. But on the flipside, their youth sort of brings me joy. I have this one cousin who is 3 years old and he is the cutest thing. His parents once told me that when they asked him who he loved, he said he loved them and me! Just the 3 of us! I practically laughed my heads off. And I have this other cousin who is a little cubby and she has the most beautiful curly hair ever. Her hair curls so perfectly that it almost looks like a wig. I love them all so much.
Afterwards, my family and I went to visit my paternal grandmother. I pity her sometimes because she stays alone in a 3-room flat. My father often visits her to keep her company, but I still wish she had someone to take care of her full- time.
Side tracking a little, these are probably the last few days of freedom for me. School is starting really soon and we are getting our postings tentatively tomorrow, 19 February. I really hope I get into St. Andrew's Junior College. And more importantly, I hope I can catch up with the rest of the batch that joined the PAE. They are probably ahead by a mile. I'll just have to do my best then.

Oh well, here are some pictures of those memorable care- free days.

Know this: Heart-attacks are more common among men because they cry less frequently than women