Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Made It!

Alas, my prayers have been answered-- I made it to St. Andrew's Junior College! Time check was 6:17am when I received the message that possibly held the fate of my future. I read it in haste and the very words 'congrats' soothed my heart once I read St. Andrew's Junior College right after it.
So my mother and I decided to check the school out early this afternoon to get an estimant on how long the journey would take from my house to the college. We got lost a couple of times and asked a few people. But in the end, we concluded that it took about 25 minutes to get there, taking into account the possible traffic jams and in case I just missed the bus. For someone who has always walked to school and never had to worry about traffic jams and such,it really worries me if I could come to school on time each day.
Although I am really grateful that I made it to the school I wanted, I also really dread tomorrow-- the first day of school. I am so anxious and scared. As I type this post, my hands are shaking, honestly. My friends and I are debating about what to wear, what to bring and whether to collect some folder from the secondary school which supposedly contains our testimonials, CCA records and such. I even spoke to another friend of mine about whether to bring my mother along and whether there will be a meet- the- parent session like our sec 1 registration, where there is the collection of important documents and a guided tour around the school. He replied that there is no need to bring a parent and that the whole day tomorrow was going to be the orientation. The very next day was when our lessons start! I was so stumped and shocked! Just a day to familiarise myself with the school and the curriculum! Talk about culture- shock! He really made me nervous about this whole 'first day' thing. It's like I'm in kindergarten all over again, only that now I'm a little too old to drag my mother along. Who's going to help me as I buy my uniform? Wouldn't the parents be curious of the school that their children have been posted to? So wouldn't the parents be required to come? I'm so lost. Why can't they be more specific with the details? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid and scaring myself with these questions.
To think that the worst is over after I receive my posting, it seems it just got worse. Guess I'll be back tomorrow with how the day that I fear turns out. Something tells me it's all going to all right. Another sleepless night for me tonight, I guess.

Know this: By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.