Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Splurge

Yesterday was my father's pay day. The day that all hell breaks lose. The day that all things that were deemed as 'window- shopping' affordable are purchased with breeze. The day I release my materialistic alter- ego and splurge on things without second thoughts. Ok, I think you get it, it's a BIG day. Anyway, last night I bought a $35 black dress and $25 shoes. The day before, I bought a $12 dress that was on sale. That was when my family and I knew the very next day was pay day so I decided to blow all that was left of our money from the previous pay day.
This is not the first time I've spent so much on clothes. The previous months were worse actually. See then, I actually had a lot of money given to me by my grandmothers and my Merit Bursary Award. So I decided to buy clothes so I can look nice when I go out to buy more clothes. I think it's called retail therapy. My illness-- boredom. Clearly, since I'm not working and not schooling currently. Plus, I have been watching a lot of tv shows especially on E! Channel where I get so influenced by what a celebrity is wearing that I make a mental note of it and look for something similar the next time I go out shopping. Now when I look at my current batch of wardrobe, it is more flashy and chic, unlike the ones that filled up my cupboard before, which were mostly school- related tshirts. Man, I have a whole bunch of them. But I told myself, yesterday will be the last time I buy any more clothes for the mean time. School is going to start and I will probably not go out so often. Although there are a few more things that I wish to buy like accesories and a black pair of jeans, I'll wait until I feel I'm deserving to have those things. Being a responsible buyer is key!
Anyway, more and more people are noticing the existence of my blog. So I have to watch what I write. No more personal issues.

P/S: I'm keeping it a secret now.

Know this: 11% of the world is left-handed.