Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tempting

Two days ago, my family and I decided to go out for dinner. Later, after we realised that we did not really have much to do at Toa Payoh, considering my sister was too tired to shop, as she had just finished a 10- hour shift at her workplace, my mother suggested we watched a movie. When we headed to the cinema, we found that there was no show that was appealing to us. So we headed to the cinema at AMK hub but to no avail again. Then we went to This Fashion for my shopping pleasure. After I was satisfied with my brief window- shopping, we realised that again we were at a road block of boredom. All of a sudden, right in front of where we were sitting, was this stage, which had people setting something up. Later there was an announcement about a performance that was going to be held there. What a relief, we thought. Finally something entertaining to indulge on. It was actually an event called CLAP, which provided a platfrom for Singaporeans to showcase their talents. There were even seats for our comfort. After a very short wait, the first performer went up. His name is Dzulfikar and he sang 3 songs, the first was a Chinese song in tribute to Chinese New Year, even though he was a malay (show-off), then the last 2 were English songs, Open Arms by Journey, which is one of my favourite classic songs, and the final was Everything by Michael Buble. His singing was great, with his occasional Taufik Batisah moonwalk dance moves. And the best part was, he was good looking and 17 years old, just like me. By the way, the rest of the performances were not worth mentioning, so I am not going to.
So now here we have, a 17-year- old boy, who clearly has talent and is good looking. After his performance, he sat in front of me, but two seats to the right. I could not stop to think that he was probably the closest I will ever get to Syarif, who is slightly older, more talented and more good looking. And yet, I did not do anything. A part of the reason being my mother was right next to me, but the most part being I know what I want.
So to the One above, Dzulfikar was pretty tempting. But like I said I am not settling for anything less this time. I have already fallen in too deep.

Know this: A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.