Monday, September 29, 2008

Post- Promotional Examination

I am back! You cannot imagine how much of a relief it is for me to be able to go on to the computer and update. I am so thrilled that the Promotional Examinations are finally over. A whole week plus a day of grueling test papers. I was studying until 2-3am in the morning only having to wake up for sahur at 4.30am. Then having to get up for school later at 5.45am. I was sleep deprived, favourite-tv-shows deprived. I did go out, however, with my family for Raya preparations and to break fast. Indeed, if it was not for Ramadhan, I will be in my room studying 24/7 straight. This fasting month has given me a reason to go out, spend time with my family and friends and basically served as a reminder for me to take a breather and relax.
Through the course of my ordeal during the exams, there were ups and downs. Generally, I thought the papers were relatively easier than the Common Tests. But I wish not to speak too soon, and go all "It was damn easy, sure can pass one!" because I cannot gurantee that. It was still tough and I am praying that I do well enough to get promoted.
As I surveyed around, I notice a prevalent sense of anxiety from friends and peers who feel that they may have not done well enough to qualify for year 2. I advice that you have faith in the Almighty. At this point, there is not much that we can do. The papers are done and sent for marking. Signed, sealed, delivered! If you believe you have done your best, then everything will be all right. We shall not dwell and let our anxiety devour us. Even if we do not get promoted, maybe it is the best for us. If we are genuinely not ready for the Alevels, then we are just not ready. Just know, my fellow friends, that everything will work out for the best.
As for those who have yet to sit for your Promotional Examinations or Olevels, I wish you all the best. Times will get hard, surely. When you feel that you cannot take anymore in. And the bed beckons. And people around you rub in your face how freedom comes earlier for them. Your situation just gets 10 times harder. But you must be patient and endure. Positive thinking is an imperative, otherwise you will go crazy, seriously. Always have the end in mind. Think about all the fun that you will get to enjoy after the papers, that will keep you going. Just tell yourself this is just something you have to do right now. Take enough breaks and study as hard as you can. The worst feeling in the world would be when you fail knowing that you could have done better. But there is no more time to 'do better'. This is when you do your best. All the hard work you have put in in the year all boils down to these lousy set of papers, which will, whether you like it or not, determine whether you graduate. So do your best. This is your only shot.
Until the papers are retrieved for the highly-anticipated verdict, I will update more enlightening news. The upcoming one will of course be Hari Raya which is not long coming. The timing is indeed impeccable. I am excited. Especially since I worked my ass off for the exams, I truly feel that I deserve to rejoice.
Project Work can wait. It is time to Party.

Know this: On average people fear spiders more than they do death.