Saturday, October 25, 2008

SAJC Raya Outing on the 18th

Almost an hour late, kept everyone waiting and broke Danial's mother's miniature clay (or was it glass? It definitely was fragile.) cat (tell her I am so sorry!) . Other than those unfortunate mishaps, an outing with the 10 of them was a blast. I got to know them a lot better. Although we were expecting a mob of about 17 kids, those were the only few who managed to actually show up. Other priorities, I suppose. However, I was really glad things turned out the way they did. The small group made it much easier to mingle around and be yourself. No awkwardness-- because we more or less knew each other. So it was all cool. We laughed and joked, bantering at most parts but we sincerely wanted to interact with each other.
We went to 7 houses only, yet by the time I reached home at about 11.30pm, I was beat. Exhausted. Dead. A quick glance through the pictures I took on that day on my camera before I crashed into my cosy bed and IMMEDIATELY knocked-off. There were several unexpected occurences and questionable coincidences that happened that day too. But I was too tired to give a damn, really. I would rather leave most things at face value.
I really enjoyed myself and I hope we have more of such outings together, as a malay community. It was really exciting to meet your families and experience your lifestyles for the brief 45 minutes or so. Thank your parents for the delicious food generously prepared for all of us and the great company they provided us with good grace.
SAJC Malay Community rocks my socks! Here are the pictures. Selamat Hari Raya!
Farina's Crib

Ellysa's Home

Ms Faizah's Home

Amalina's Crib

Rumah Farid

Nadia's Place

Danial's Home

Know this: Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.