Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Verdict

Alhamdulilah Syukur.

I made it to year 2! I am so ecstatic, beyond words can describe. I did improve for the Final Year papers but not by much though. There were disappointments along the way as I received some unexpected results. Honestly, the CA grades really helped me by a mile. So I am glad that I did the assignments I had to, all this time.
My Promotional Examinations rank points was a pleasant surprise. I was in complete disbelief. I never ventured to ever enter into that range of rank points. I was to be contented with an improvement of just a few points. So I was utterly shocked and very very happy!
Of course, the battle is not over yet. The big 'A's are going to be tough, I know. But I make a vow to be more conscientious with my work. Common Tests were indeed a slap in my face. A reality check that it is way too risky to start your revision late. So I will be more consistent with my revision this time. It is easier to start the year right when you know what to expect.
Congratulations to everyone who did well enough to get promoted, and especially those who exceeded their expectations! Take a breather. Rejoice! And for those who did not do as well, just remember that everything will work out for the best. For my friends, I will support you all the way, even as you have to go through it once more.
Anyway, on my home today, I went to Prima Deli to get a slice of Blackforest cake. It is a sort of a gift from me to me. Call it sad, since I had to get it for myself, but I think I deserve it. I savoured every bite.

My Reward

Now I can really enjoy Saturday.

Know this: If you told someone that they were one in a million, you'd be saying there were 1,800 of them in China.