Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Are we the same?

A million and one apologies for not updating my blog. Really no explanation to offer you, just excuses.
Anyway, I have been tagged by Nurul Nasyitah. So here goes...
According to your age, list down the number of things that most people don’t know about you. And then tag 5 people.

1. I do not eat green leafy vegetables.
Nobody has ever been able to convince me to include the greens in my diet because, without it, I prove to be much healthier than most of them anyway.

2. I have a small fear of hippos.
I am not really afraid of the animal itself, just that hippos remind me of the deep oceans.

3. I am afraid of deep waters.
(Hope that explains #2, a little better.) I can swim. Well at least I own a certificate suggesting that I can.

4. Suffocation is the worst way to die, for me.
(Hope that explains #3, a little better.) Drowning is considered as suffocation, since you will choke on water and be out of oxygen. So even though I know how to swim, technically, I just tell people I do not know how to.

5. I want to learn sign language someday.
This form of communication is just so incredibly unique and amazing to me.

6. I am vulgar.
There is this misconception that I never utter expletives because of how I do my hair in school, I guess. I try to avoid throwing these ungracious words around as much as possible. But when I do say them, damn right I mean it.


7. I hate flip-flops.
They are just not classy at all. Exceptions: at the beach or in camps.

8. Sponge cakes make me feel like puking.
Muffins, cup-cakes and ice-creams with a thin chocolate-coating make me feel nauseous too. However, when they are too appetizing to resist, I make sure that I have the piece with the most icing, to counter the nauseating feeling.

9. I like to sleuth.
The net is pretty handy in finding out about people I just met. Other times, I just ask around or eavesdrop. I am rather good at it too. Basically, I know more about the people around me than I am supposed to.

10. I dislike people who do not move into the empty inner seats in buses.
I believe I have discussed this before in an earlier post. But what can I say, something that is worth mentioning more than once just goes to show how much I really dislike those people. "Just move in!"

11. There are times when I wish I was richer.
But the reality is what it is. For want of a better, more luxurious lifestyle, I work hard in school to be a successful adult. I aspire to be a lawyer for juveniles one day.

12. I hate irresponsible people.
In every meaning of the word: a sleeping member in the team, being late, not producing quality work. Sometimes, I just want to kill them.

13. I am obsessed with the number 13.
It seems to haunt me, everywhere, from my street, to my Olevel aggregate, to my IC and the number of letters in my name. I get a chill everytime I see the number. I see it as both an ill omen and a good sign.

14. I do not read.
My level of competency in the English Language, however you want to rate it, is attributed to me watching American shows on television religiously. My reason for taking Literature in JC can be explained with #11.

15. I write words I do not understand, which I get from watching television, into my phone.
I have a draft saved in my phone for all the words I do not know. I check out the meanings on the net. But when I get really desperate and cannot seem to continue watching the show until I know the meaning of the word, I will just look it up in the dictionary. Then I will write the meanings and the words on a post-it, already filled with other profound words.

16. I get really frustrated when I do not know something.
This applies to actors on shows, when you have seen them somewhere before, but you just cannot seem to remember where. I will literally toss and turn. Once in the night, there was a song on the radio and my sister and I do not know who the singer was and the DJ never said. So I told my sister that both of us were not allowed to sleep until we knew who it was. We figured it out about half and hour later. I do not remember who the singer was today, but I do remember sleeping so comfortably that night.

17. I am a very committed person.
For me, it goes without saying that my first boyfriend will be the one I marry.

So, after knowing more things about me, are we the same, at all?
I am tagging Elfarina, Amalina, Nadia, Roziana and Rosalehin.

Know this: China has more English speakers than the United States.