Saturday, May 2, 2009

Netball Reunion

Last Tuesday, I had the netball reunion. It was great having to see all my team-mates again. Brought back so many great memories, from the good times to the horrible times, from the funniest to the unforgettable times. Then I took the opportunity to explore the school, just to see what has changed and what has remained. As I walked around the somewhat deserted school (and it was only 5pm!), I realised that everything was just as I remembered, but smaller. Smaller corridors, smaller staircases. Not that I have grown into a giant or anything, but I think it has to do with my current college being so massive. I met up with some teachers, like Ms Lena Chng, who is getting married at the end of this year! How happy I am for her. She's a pretty lady and smart too, so her future husband is one lucky man. Ms Chng is one of the best teachers ever. She was great to me. The things she did, the opportunities she gave me, I cannot thank her enough. Once, she loan me her haversack for the Mt. Ophir trekking because my mother did not want to get one for me, since it was only a one-time thing. When I wanted to return it to her, she told me to keep it! I still have that haversack. Man, those things ain't cheap. I love her, what other people say. She was good to me, and that is all that really should matter. She is HOD of CCA now, so she is on her way to the top. On. Her.Way.
Unfortunately, we did not play a game with the juniors as planned because of a particular teacher, who has not changed since I left the school, I must say. I never respected her and I still don't. Sorry, no cure lah. We may be coming back again to play a friendly match with our juniors, some time this May. I am very excited! So since we could not do what we came to do, we took pictures all around the school instead, taking advantage of the fact that there was noone there to judge our nonsensical behaviours.
After, we headed to Swensens for dessert. We had the Giant Earthquake and Topless Five (how sexy, and delicious too!). There, we laughed and laughed as we recalled our secondary school times. That night, I also discovered why they made the spoons in Swensens so bloody long. (*winks at Aisyah and Nurul)
And I also realised, never once did we talk about our netball matches or competitions. Not only did we not talk about it, we don't seem to remember much about it either. What we do remember is how much we laughed; our jokes and how we always had fun. I understand what matters now, and what will matter in the future. Had a blast man, and cannot wait to see ya'll again for our match!
A picture with Lady Chng. 'Sean Kingston head-swing' pose. Classic.
You might not know this, but this is supposed to be a jump-shot.
Nurul and I working the pole, the only way we know how.
Expressing my inner-Alicia Keys.

Netball. Good times, good times.

Know this: The left leg of a chicken is more tender than the right one.