Saturday, November 24, 2007

Crash and Burn, Live and Learn

Graduation Night seemed like a long time ago now. As a whole, it was bittersweet. When I get to the details, it was pretty horrendous. Honestly I am quite reticent about the whole situation. First of all, my make- up was a complete disaster. What's worse about it is my mother paid $48 for it to be done by a professional. I looked like a drag queen and some even said I looked old. I had my eyebrows trimmed, which surprisingly altered my whole face to a degree that I was unrecognizable. Hence, my whole night was ruined. I felt uncomfortable and I just wanted to go home. I felt so alone and small, yet not small enough for the rest of the world to not notice my disastrous make-up. I actually at one point thought that the only way the progress of the night was going to improve was if someone fell and died. Who would had thought that what was supposed to be a magical night turned out to bring the worst in me? I am deeply apologetic about it. To top it all of, I had to hail a cab at Far East all by myself with the public staring at me. Who would blame them? I looked like a man in a dress! None of my friends were there to accompany me home. I guess, they had other plans. Me on the other hand, just wanted to head home to pour out my heartfelt regret for spending so much of my parents' time and money for a disappointing night. I finally discovered what true disappointment is: placing your hopes high up and having to watch them all fall. So let this be a lesson to us all- when you crash and burn, you'll live and learn. I learnt quite a few things during Grad Night- never put all your hopes up on anything, be able to laugh at yourself sometimes and of course, less is more really.

Expenditure On Graduation Night Summary:
Dress: $49.90
Shoes: $16.90
Accesories: $37.00
Make-up: $48.00
Hair: $78.00
Total: $229.80
Night of Embarrassment: Priceless

Know this: The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.