Sunday, December 2, 2007

"It's Been A Long Time, Hasn't It?"

I have had 2 reunions so far and am about to have 2 more. The first was a reunion with my secondary 2 classmates. Most of us parted ways after the secondary 3 streaming hence we reunited for a 4-day and 3- night get-away at Down Town East Chalet, of which I only attended 1 day and 1 night, without staying. I had a blast during my short visits. We went to Sentosa and played the good ol' Captain's Ball on the beach. Then we headed to Marina Bay to bowl, which I happen to be absolutely fantastic at. The reunion reminded me that secondary 2 was the best year of my secondary life. I was really on a roll that year, with outstanding academic results, noticeably great netball abilities and I was a prefect. I also went to New Zealand that year with some of the greatest people. I will never forget those days. I was genuinely happy, which is getting more rare these days.
The next reunion was with my secondary 3/4 classmates at Aranda Country Club also at Down Town East. Man, was that place fancy. We practically had our own apartment! I only attended one out of the 2- day reunion, again without the stay- over. We hang out in the 'apartment' for about half the day then had a BBQ in the evening. I had a blast also. Although we did not really had any activities, it was nice to just relax with people I was comfortable with. There was no awkwardness at all.
Up ahead is my Primary 6Diligence reunion and my Netball team gathering, both of which I am absolutely excited about. I just can't wait to see how everybody is doing currently and whether anyone has changed, physically. To be honest, I am also a little nervous. The awkward tension will be at its all time hight. Nevertheless I'm sure we all will be able to pull through it. Well, we were once upon a time friends. It all has to begin simply with "Hey! It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

Know This: Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.