Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March Holidays

Goodness gracious, the March Holidays are here! I am so excited because it's back to my 'wake up at 12nn' routine, temporarily that is, but I'll take it. Of course this holiday is filled with assignments, or tutorials as they call it in JC. I am planning to do some each day. Aside to that, I have decided that debating isn't really my thing. The first practice I went for was such a disappointment. The coach was repulsively uninterested and she kept sighing at us, as if we seemed hopeless to her. There was no proper introduction to debating or even the coach herself. The other people who signed up for debate were-- how can I put this? Not the kind of people I would conventionally hang out with. But they were interesting, by some standards, and very passionate about the motion of the day. I, on the other hand, was bored to death. It felt like another lesson, hence the countless yawns. So, I have made my decision to return to track and field. But I am worried because I don't know anyone who had signed up for track and field, so I don't know who I am supposed to contact to join that CCA. Damn! As for the Student Council, I'm afraid I might not get nominated because the teachers simply do not know me well enough to nominate me. So the PAE kids have a head start (as usual).
The March Holidays started with a bang, for me. I met up with my secondary school friends, the Muslim Community! Those who were able to make it were Aqila, Nurul, Siti and yours truly. Emerlia and Nadia were missed. We went to Marina Square to eat at Burger King and gossip. Then we went to the Esplanade Rooftop to take pictures and gossip some more! We shared anything and everything, from who we thought were cute in SAJC and IJC. We talked about 'betrayals' and German guys. Yeah, that was fun! But we made a pact, whatever happened there, stayed there! Then Siti went off to meet her family, and so Nurul, Aqila and I went to Starbucks for coffee. There, we deliberated about what I should do with my SAJC- crush, whether I should act on it or not. Nurul even tried to coach me on how to take a picture of him without him realising. Yeah, I don't think the photo- taking thing will work out. It's hard for me to be subtle. Anyway, I had a blast with the 3 of them! I hope we can meet again real soon for updates on our schools respectively.
Hopefully, there will be good news to share next time. Here are some pictures captured on that fant-abulous day I had with my girls!

Know this: A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court.