Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Hate Week


It is safe to say that last week was the worst week for my friends and I, so far. There were so many deadlines to meet and so little time. Plus, there was 2.4km trial run on last Friday. I could not help to think that we a about to see more of such week. We were all drained by Friday. We had assignments such as GP essay, Literature essay, Econs tutorials, not to mention PI, GP project and for me, History essay tuturial question dued last week. On Friday I had my 2.4km run. I completed the 6 rounds with a record timing of 17 minutes. I was shocked! But I took it in my stride and realised that I would not be doing myself justice if I were to keep that horrendous timing of mine. I shall not be arrogant. So I have decided to do a re-run. I know I can do much better than that and I will, I mean I have before. 2nd chances are there for a reason. It reminds me of my Malay paper in my olevels, when I screwed up the June paper and got an A1 for the October paper. I was so thankful and glad that I had decided to take the 2nd paper, although I was rather hesitant at first, considering that I once perceived 'do-overs' as a confession to your failure the first time round. Looking back, it was a decision that I never regretted. Sometimes, we just have to swallow our pride in order to achieve what we know we truly deserve. Grasp the opportunity while we can. We always hope that we could turn back time in some parts of our lives. Having an end in mind is also crucial in success, as so I have learnt. I really hope I do better in the next run so that I can get a Gold for PFT. Wish me luck!
Today, I went to a Malay Forum at Temasek Junior College, with some of my malay school mates. The only 2 boys were in fact twins and they have to be the most unique pair I have ever met. I shall not go into details on how shockingly different these 2 are. But I will come to terms with their individuality soon. The forum was rather interesting. The auditorium was a strange environment to be in, considering it was filled with malay kids, from secondary schools as well as junior colleges. There were mutts sitting behind us giving cruel comments, especially during the finale malay performance from the TJC Malay Cultural Society. With their thick 'mutt-minah' accent, I felt like vomitting. I hated being there, at that time. Overall, the day was fine.
I got through the whole week. I survived. I am fine.

There were two songs that I really felt like listening to on my way home today, 'Wait For You' by Elliot Yamin and 'Over You' by Daughtry. I had to choose. Then I thought of 'him' (of the past). I paused my MP3 before a song played. I chose 'Scream' by Michael and Janet Jackson, instead.
'With such confusions
don't it make you wanna scream'
Know this: Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.