Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm Back...

After nearly 3 months of Wednesday meetings, 5 days of camp, Pre- U Seminar is finally over. I had a blast. For me to go into specific details, it will take long. So I will just give you an overview of my experience at NTU.
Firstly, the hostel was better than I expected. It was clean and cosy. The toilets were acceptable, in my opinion. We were also served 5 meals a day everyday: breakfast, tea, lunch, dinner and supper. The food was all right but when we have guests-of-honour, the food will be especially delicious. Sadly, we could not possibly take as much as we wanted, even though it was a buffet, because there were many of us. So we have to be considerate and take the amount that we needed only, not how much we wanted. But all in all, the organisers fed us well.
The activities ranged from ice-breakers, to the Digital Race and the Sandcastle Challenge. But it is the small, personal games that my group-mates and I played that I enjoyed most. We played False Names and Bluff with the cards. To keep ourselves busy as we waited patiently for the events to start, we even played Black Magic, Johnny Whoosh, the Number Game, the Tempo Game and many many other silly ones.
I was posted to Group Seminar 10. At a glance, they all seem so nerd-like and serious. But as we started opening up, everyone was actually good sports. Of course the 'party' revolved around Felza, and ex-schoolmate of mine. He was truly the spirit of the team. He involved everyone in everything that he played. I was glad that he was in my group. He was like a big brother to me. I never laughed so much in any camp before. Thanks Felza!
My group ranged from students coming from almost all the tertiary institutions in Singapore. All the JCs and the most of the polytechnics. My room-mate, Benazir, is from Republic Polytechnic. She is this sweet Indian girl. She is so kind and personable. I am so glad to have her as my room-mate.
The most memorable parts of the camp for me were the ghost story-telling session and the last night in NTU, where some of us stayed up till the early hours. I personally slept at 4.30am only to have an hour of nap, having to wake up at 5.30am to shower.
Yes, I shower every morning. Luckily Benazir has the same habit as me so she'll accompany me to bathe every morning. I feel that we have to because the first thing every morning, we have to put on our blazers. So we have to feel fresh and alive! Morning showers always do the trick!
A special shout-out to my faciliators, Sandeep, Josephine and Audi, who were always concerned and friendly towards us.
The parallel presentation by SAJC received great feedback. So kudos to Jannah, Charmaine and Elizabeth who kicked ass that day. All the other institutions also did well, so well done to them too!
As for hot guys, of course they existed. In their handsome blazers and ties, they all looked so suave. It was like graduation night every morning, except the girls were not in dresses. Certainly, there were a few guys that caught me eye throughout the camp. They were all from different groups though. It is always exciting to have crushes and eye-candies in any occasion, I am sure many would agree. So it was fun while it lasted.
To wrap this all up and put Pre-U Seminar to a close, I will grace this post with some pictures that I took. I will upload the rest once I receive them from Yi' En, our official photographer in the group.
My Dorm

My Bed

The Boys from SG 10

The Girls from SG 10Sandeep!SG 10Guan Ling is so funny!The Canteen
Benazir, my roomie, and I
SAJC

Felza from SAJC, and I from MI

Charlotte and I Our Final Goodbyes
All Packed-Up and Ready to Go. Home.

Know this: An Octopus has 3 hearts.