Monday, December 22, 2008

A Visit to the Zoo

On Saturday, my parents surprised my siblings and I with a strange and out-of-the-blue decision to see animals. I have always loved to go to the Zoo, simply because within one place, you get to see so many things. We were so blessed with fine weather that day. It was not as hot as we had anticipated and the dark clouds did not stay for long, leaving us with a cool breeze.
It fascinates me the relationship the trainers have with the animals. It must not have been easy training the animals to follow a command but when they do, it is so endearing.
From giant turtles and smelly otters to agile orang utans and the late Ah Meng's memorial, the whole visit was an exciting and interesting one, I must say. Especially when we went to see the animal shows. But somehow I was expecting more action, like the recent infamous white tiger mauling. Who was I kidding? Those sort of things never happen twice (let us hope).
Know this: In a day, an elephant can drink 80 gallons of water.