Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 will be Mighty Fine

A whole year has passed already. 2008 has indeed been, arguably an incredible year for me. 2008 was mighty great! The highlight of that year would have been being an official Saint. It was a life-changing decision to enrol there and I never regret it. Things may be tough, and God knows it will only get tougher next year, but tough is good. Tough prepares you. Tough strengthens you. Tough pushes you to your potential. Tough is good, for you. Hence, I am thankful for 'tough' in SAJC. I am thankful that my best friends in SAJC are intelligent and fun. I am thankful that the teachers are nice and cool. I am grateful that 13 points did not qualify me for the Science stream, or else I would have considered it and probably not do as well in the subjects. I guess things definitely have a way of working out for the best.
2008 was also a year of firsts. It was the year I first took the Singapore Flyer with my family; the year that I first started splurging on dresses (a big move for someone who often settled on T-shirts and jeans); the year that I have MY first camera; the year that I first take any transportation to school; the year that I read more than one book and the year I became an official blood donor (I am a B+). And who could forget? 2008 was also the year that I went to my first ever concert-- Rihanna baby! I will forever cherish 2008 and the many great things it had instored for me, both the good and bad times.
The uncertainty of the future is always fun to anticipate. 2008 has taught me, more than any other years past could ever had, that anything can happen, even when you do not necessarily plan for it. Although, as much as I believe in fate, we can always change things for the better.
I reckon 2009 will pass by doubly quick as I will be sitting for a gig-enormously important examination. It will also be the exciting year that I will have yet another graduation night. It will also probably be the year that I get my first job, right after my 'A' Levels. And many more exciting life-changing events will come my way, I am sure. Who knows, 2009 could be the year I meet Chris Brown and he discovers his love for me and proposes to me? Do not scoff! It could happen...
My new year's resolution? To marry Chris Brown. Go ahead and laugh, because I do not believe in resolutions. We should always try to be better people and no need to declare that. Just be.
So I decided to start the New Year with a hair cut. I loved my curly long hair but it began to be a hassle washing it, preparing it for a day out. The hair-dresser went out of her way to blow-dry my hair then straighten it. I thank that China lady for her hard work, effort and patience. So, temporarily I have straight hair, until I wash it. Do not be fooled by the smiles in the pictures below, as I really do miss my curls terribly. The smiles are attributed to 2009 being the first year that I have straight hair, even if it is just for a day.Know this: By donating just one pint of blood, four lives can be saved.