Friday, May 22, 2009

Don't Hate, Congratulate!

I shall admit that I was extremely shocked myself when Kris Allen reigned champion in American Idol. I was convinced that Lambert was the crowd favourite and the votes for him will just pour in exponentially. Lambert was the obvious choice, so I had actually made peace with my favourite losing this season to a worthy opponent. Allen's victory was a pleasant surprise. Although I always find myself looking forward to Lambert's performances every week, it has always been Allen's tender and humble performances that left a deeper impression on me. His version of 'Falling Slowly' caught my attention and I have paid attention to him ever since. From his smile, to his sexy-to-the-maximum-jawline; and from his sultry voice to his a-little-trying-too-hard-but-he-still-looks-cute dance moves (most apparent in Abdul's choreography) to the adorable way his jaw slants to the side when he belts his last notes, I love Allen to bits. One should not love Allen any less because he's triumph meant Lambert's loss. It's not his fault.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Wish you all the best Kris Allen. May you melt the hearts of everyone, just like you did mine.

-

On a side note, I must congratulate the SAJC Girls Soccer Team for making our school proud with a victorious 1st-runner up position. You girls put on a fantastic game today! Up and on.

-
Know this: The winner of American Idol Season 8, Kristopher Neil Allen was born on the 21st of June 1985.