Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Amazing How You Can Speak Right to My Heart

William: Whoopsidaisies!

Anna Scott: What did you say?

William: Nothing.

Anna Scott: Yes you did.

William: No I didn't.

Anna Scott: You said "whoopsidaisies".

William: I don't think so. No one says "whoopsidaisies" do they? Unless they're...

Anna Scott: There is no "unless." No one has said "whoopsidaisies" for fifty years and even then it was only little girls with blonde ringlets.

William: Exactly. Here we go again. [He falls off the fence again]

William: Whoopsidaisies. It's a disease I've got. It's a clinical thing. I'm taking pills and having injections. It won't last long.
Notting Hill is one of my favourite romantic movies of all time. I recently watched it on HBO, only recently. I totally underestimated it. I think I have a thing for Hugh Grant. Because this is the second romantic movie I have ever been in love with. The first being Love Actually, which stars him too. I know, I know, Islam fundamentalists will frown on me because the latter movie is based on Christmas. But it is just so lomantik, lah.
Just thought that was worth mentioning. Anyway, today is one of the best days of my life. Prelims just ended, raya is in 3 days, Project Runway's later at 10pm and mummy dearest bought me a Magnum Chocolate ice cream since Monday, and I have decided to save it for a special occasion. And that special occasion has arrived, baby! Tomorrow my family and I are going shopping. Finally a guilt-free day out with the Famz. I really think I deserve this one because of all the hair-tearing ordeal I went through revising for Prelims. There were literally instances, especially during my revision for History, when I really felt so nauseous and my heart started beating so fast because I was so stressed out and scared. Well, you know, not only good things have to come to an end...
And for the J1s who have to go through your Promos during Hari Raya, hang in there, friends! It will be over before you know it. It's all about time-organization and sacrificing your leisure time, for this one difficult period in the year. Just this one. And no, first day of raya is not worth sacrificing. Remember that you guys have each other to depend on, so be there for one another. Be in it together. Wishing you guys and gals the best of luck!
I am super psyched for Raya, man! Can't wait.

Know this: Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better. (This is a scientific fact, fyi.)